There is no conversation in our culture today that is more important than a sidewalk counselor lovingly reaching out to a woman walking in to have her baby aborted. Sidewalk counselors are the heroes of the pro-life movement and are the last chance the baby has for survival. Sidewalk counselors literally speak for those who cannot speak for themselves.
What is Sidewalk Counseling?
Sidewalk counseling is exactly what it implies…trained volunteers are present on the sidewalk in front of the abortion clinic educating women about their choices. Sidewalk counselors help potential abortion customers find better healthcare alternatives and serve to protect the pre-born child and the woman from abortion.
Does this strategy work?
Numerous former abortionists call sidewalk counseling the most effective method for saving lives and ending abortion. Locally, counselors have witnessed dozens of women leaving the abortion clinic and choosing life due to the efforts of the sidewalk counselors and the presence of the prayer volunteers.
How do I know if this is for me?
The first feeling you will most likely have when considering becoming a Sidewalk Counselor is fear. That is normal, because becoming a sidewalk counselor means God is calling you beyond yourself to help the least of His brethren. Like most new things, you learn to do it and it becomes second nature, but with sidewalk counseling the importance and impact are lifesaving!
How do I start?
All sidewalk counselors are trained by the Coalition for Life staff and other experienced counselors who have counseled for years and approached hundreds of women entering Planned Parenthood. They will guide you every step of the way.
Be not afraid and take a step to help save lives from abortion and attend the next sidewalk counselor informational to learn more about how Christ can use you to save lives!
Give us a call and sign up for your one-on-one training session or to attend one of our upcoming training classes:
*Classes will be held at the Coalition for Life Headquarters at 11780 Borman Drive, Suite 128
St. Louis 63146
Please call us at (314) 827-4039 or email at Trainings@CoalitionForLifeSTL.com to make your reservation or schedule a one-on-one training session.
Stand and Pray
Join hundreds of Christians from across St. Louis who are uniting and standing for life. Stand & Pray is an opportunity offered by the Coalition for Life for volunteers to sign up for one hour a week to stand and silently pray in the public right-of-way in front of the Planned Parenthood abortion facility in St. Louis. What a difference an hour can make!
Please call us at (314) 827-4039 or email at Maggie@CoalitionForLifeSTL.com
Why is it effective?
- Positive solution that brings attention to the reality of abortion in our hometown
- Calls the community to pray for an end to the destruction of human life that takes place inside of Planned Parenthood.
- Powerful witness that the Christian community is united for women and the unborn
- It quietly lets the customer know that the community is here for them and they do not have to enter the abortion clinic.
Does this method work?
Everywhere this strategy is organized effectively, it is successful. Dozens of clinics have closed nationwide and even here in Missouri…..In one word:
- YES. Because of the prayer presence in front of the abortion clinics, God has moved in powerful and tangible ways:
- Hundreds of women and men have been directed to local pregnancy resource centers for help
- Men and women with abortions in their past have finally found healing
- Over 8,000 believers from over 140 churches have put their faith into action by going to stand and pray
- Columbia, MO – After 2 ½ years of 40 Days for Life Campaigns and a continued peaceful prayer vigil the Planned Parenthood of Columbia MO has gone through 6 abortionist and currently is not providing abortions. During this time abortions have dropped by over 80% in the area.
You can make a difference!
You can help end abortion in St. Louis by committing to just an hour each week. All volunteers must sign a “Statement of Peace” and will be accompanied by a Coalition for Life staff member on their first time to Stand & Pray.
Don’t hesitate to be part of this lifesaving opportunity! Get your church or organization to Stand & Pray together. Available hours range from 8:00 AM until 3:00 PM, Monday-Friday.
You can also sign up by calling us at (314) 827-4039, or e-mailing us at Maggie@CoalitionForLifeSTL.com